Friday, May 26, 2006

luckily, it continues...

Continuing with our run boys...Wanted to try to take the cheap route to some serious money, so I signed up for the $5 + . 50 Rebuys on Stars last night. Immediately bought again for 3000 chips and went broke once on a suckout. Rebought for another $3000 and that was it. Took my add on and went into the first break with around T-12000. Scratched and clawed my way from an average stack at the first break to 6th overall out of 1396, 6 hours and 1 minute later for a $1099.71 cash. That is actually one of my biggest cashes in a tourney, I think. Still small potatoes for some of you high rollers, but the important thing is that I'm continuing to build on my rediscovered tournament game.

What changed, you ask?

Discipline and confidence (maybe even cockiness?) I'd been running a little unlucky for the last couple weeks. But I didn't have to be getting unlucky. Unlucky has been my 99 losing races to AJ. or, my AT losing to KJ...stuff like that. The problem was that I had picked up soooo much extra cash a few weeks ago, that I was willing to race around a lot in tourneys with the donks that are willing to put all their chips in on a race. They do it because that's just how they play...but we're better than that! The last few days, I'm not looking at tourney entries as "it's just $20." I'm looking at the $1080 I might be passing up. I'm laying down my 99 to a reraise all in when it's half my stack. We're too damn good to get our money in in this spot.

I'm also being much more attentive to the style of play of my opponents. I'm actually trying to watch to see who's raising every other hand, who's folding their blinds to a raise, who's laying down hands to a re-raise (novel idea huh? Actually paying attention to your game? :-) ) Yeah, well....you get a little spoiled when you can sometimes still win when you're barely watching. But, obviously, you're going to do better when you're paying attention.

Who woulda thunk it? Attention to detail is what it's all about.

On the Melissa front...the lasik surgery went very well. She said she felt very little discomfort and there were no complications. After a four hour nap post-op last night, she was able to see without her glasses. Still a little hazy, but her eyes are definitely fixed. The checkup appointment this morning confirmed that her vision is now 20/20 and may even improve a little bit. Fingers are crossed for the healing process. it's actually quite a pain in the ass...two kinds of drops every two hours or so for two weeks. It'll all be worth it though. No more contacts or glasses...

Happy days kids. Have a happy and healthy Memorial Day Weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home