Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Refocusing my energies...

Took 3rd in a $20 180 SNG last night on Stars. only $428 cash...but the significance is that I told myself I would put effort into a tourney for a change. I had some huge wins (for me) about a month ago and I've been playing like an idiot ever since and of course given some of that money back.

Sometimes, I'm good enough to beat the games I play without putting any effort in at all. I'm watching a DVD on my other monitor, browsing and posting on +1, stupid shit like that...basically, everything but watching the game I'm playing. I've been making stupid plays, calling all ins with small pocket pairs, pushing with flush draws - basically playing like an idiot. And the best and the worst part of it is that i've been super unlucky lately. I've missed gobs and gobs of 24 out hands in 8/b to go along with some really ugly flops for great preflop hands.

The good thing is that I'm recognizing that now and I'm rededicating myself to playing good poker. I expect some good things in the near future as a result of the change in my mindset.

To further that goal, I'll be expecting a lot of advice from you guys in the tourney sections...

keep up the good work.

Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Top2 said...

Heck, I'd forgetten about my blog....maybe I should update it, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home